Welcome to Team Asha Princeton! This is where we get the Team Asha 2016 marathon program rolling!
Team Asha is Asha for Education’s marathon fund-raising program. Asha for Education supports projects in basic education in India. To find out more about Asha for Education and local Princeton Chapter, please visit home page.
Team Asha training program presents a unique opportunity to get fit and healthy, train for long distance running (no experience needed!), run a marathon while contributing towards basic education needs in India, all with only six months of training and commitment! A truly win-win proposition. If you have ever been in awe of a marathon runner but thought you would never be able to do it, then read on …
We invite you to join our training program and make Team Asha 2016 effort successful!
The training program begins on June 28, 2016 at 7AM (at Kingston Lock on D & R Canal) . We will have first a six week trial period. The program is designed to meet individual expectations. Please click here for marathon training program brochure. The current runners will be participating in the following marathons:
* Oct 04: Jersey Shore Half-Marathon (Sandyhook, NJ)
* Oct 29: Trenton Half Marathon
* Oct 30: Marine Corps Marathon (Washington D.C.)
* Nov 06: Princeton Half-Marathon
* Nov 06: New York City Marathon (participation based on lottery)
* Nov 13: Bucks County Half and Full Marathons
* Nov 20: Philadelphia Half and Full Marathons