Welcome to Team Asha Princeton! This is where we get the Team Asha 2023 Marathon Program rolling!
Asha for Education supports projects in basic education in India. To find out more about Asha for Education and local Princeton Chapter, please visit the home page.
Team Asha Marathon Training Program presents a unique opportunity to get fit and healthy, train for long distance running (no experience needed!), run a marathon or a half marathon while contributing towards basic education needs in India, all with only 24 weeks of training and commitment! A truly win-win proposition. If you have ever been in awe of a marathon runner but thought you would never be able to do it, then read on …
We invite you to join our training program and make Team Asha 2023 effort successful!
The training program begins on June 24, 2023 at 7AM (at Kingston Lock on D & R Canal) . We will first have a six week trial period for each runner before deciding on the distance that fits with a training schedule created for you by an experienced coach and optimized to get you prepared for the run. Runners can participate in the following marathons:
* Oct 01: Jersey Shore Half-Marathon (Sandyhook, NJ)
* Oct 28: Trenton Half Marathon
* Oct 28: Bucks County Half and Full Marathons
* Oct 29: Marine Corps Marathon (Washington D.C.)
* Nov 05: New York City Marathon (participation based on lottery / qualification)
* Nov 12: Princeton Half-Marathon
* Nov 19: Philadelphia Half and Full Marathons
Please fill up this form if you are interested in joining us on this incredible journey to becoming an accomplished runner!